The Teenage Health & Wellness Guide
The goal of the Nutrition Guru is to help shape the health, wellbeing and self-esteem of current and future generations, through motivational workshops and talks in schools nationwide – and now with this self-help manual. The book is book is written for adolescents, university students with lots of information for parents too.
Tina has worked as a qualified nutritionist for over 20 years, working with a number of high-profile medical practices in Harley Street and the world renowned Lanserhof Medical Clinic. In addition to her first-class BSc Hons in Nutrition, she has completed post-graduate training in behavioural psychology, eating disorders and has a specialist interest in nutrigenomics.
Alongside her clinical work, she is the founder of the nationwide Food for Life programme; an education programme for schools. Drawing on the combined power of these unique experiences, she shares her knowledge with you.
In no time at all you can dramatically improve the way you feel by making better choices in terms of both food and lifestyle habits, in less time than you’d imagine. This will improve not only how you feel, but also your confidence and sense of well-being.
In this easy-to-use handbook you can learn how to develop a healthy and loving relationship with your body and food. You’ll also find a range of simple, easy to prepare delicious recipes to try at the end of the book. Gain insight into;
· Signs and symptoms of nutrient deficiencies
· Mental health and nutrition
· Skin health and nutrition
· Plant based diets
· What is a balanced diet for you?
· How to achieve a healthy weight for life
· Gain weight and bulk up healthily
· Boundless energy and vitality
· Diets – why they don’t work
· Protein shakes – do we need them?
· How to improve your sleep
· Reducing anxiety with diet and lifestyle
· Alcohol and how it affects you
· All about juicing
· Caffeine and energy drinks